Re: [cdt-dev] C++14 generic lambda support

Generic lambda expressions had been accepted syntactically by the parser before. Therefore, I think we can consider the lack of supporting their semantics a bug.

I would appreciate having this in Oxygen.

-----Original Message-----
From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Nathan Ridge
Sent: Mittwoch, 17. Mai 2017 07:41
To: CDT Mailing List <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [cdt-dev] C++14 generic lambda support

I have implemented support for C++14 generic lambdas in bug 516627.

This ended up being significantly easier than I thought it would be; the whole patch is only around 200 lines of code, about half of which are tests.

Are there any objections to committing this support to the master branch (targeting 9.3 / Oxygen)? I know we are technically past the "feature freeze" date, but this is a small and low-risk patch, and generic lambdas are a popular C++14 feature that I feel the user community would appreciate being able to use sooner rather than later.

Thanks,
Nate