Re: [cdt-dev] Is an API Baseline update to Neon.3 ok?

> On 16 May 2017, at 13:10, Jonah Graham <jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> HI Liviu,
>
> Are you asking if shipping the GNU ARM Eclipse plug-ins with a minimum
> version of CDT of 9.2.1 is OK?

yes.

> I certainly think so.

great!

> It sounds like that will ease your testing
> burden because that will mean only Neon.3 and Oxygen versions are
> supported/verified. While I think the CDT 8.x vs CDT 9.x issues have
> now been resolved for you, not having to worry about supporting CDT
> 8.x seems like a positive too.

actually not testing with previous versions bothers me, but with each CDT version I expect something to break, and my fear is based on the countless warnings I get, since I have no idea when the deprecated classes will be removed.

so, the correct questions would be:

- are there any significant problems to expect when raising the API Baseline from 8.6 to 9.2.1?
- how difficult would be to fix the warnings? if fixing all warnings is not realistic, what should be the priorities? which APIs are most likely to go?

regards,

Liviu

Back to the top