[cdt-dev] Antwort: Re: API to add Settings provider to Preprocessor Include path Entries

I have the same issue. Solved it to some degree with the following code.
The provider is added and moved to the top (first position of the array). Only this way, the provided symbols can override existing ones
The snipplet is executed in a SetCommandOperation provided by the org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.ui.newWizardPages extension point (see operationClass).

HOWEVER: Sometimes, the provider gets deselected again. I am not sure why and when. I am still searching for a solution.
I hope this will help you
Best regards

Jens

// Manually add the language provider --- it is not activated and set to the top position despite the correct entry in the toolchain ....
ICProjectDescriptionManager manager = CoreModel.getDefault().getProjectDescriptionManager();
ICProjectDescription prjDescriptionWritable = manager.getProjectDescription(project, true);
ICConfigurationDescription cfgDescriptionWritable = prjDescriptionWritable.getActiveConfiguration();
String[] oldProviderIDs = ((ILanguageSettingsProvidersKeeper) cfgDescriptionWritable).getDefaultLanguageSettingsProvidersIds();
List<ILanguageSettingsProvider> provider = ((ILanguageSettingsProvidersKeeper) cfgDescriptionWritable).getLanguageSettingProviders();

String[] newProvidersId = Arrays.copyOf(oldProviderIDs,oldProviderIDs.length + 1);
// add the new provider in front
newProvidersId[0] = PxCToolchainBuiltinSpecsDetector.PROVIDER_ID;
for (int i = 0; i < oldProviderIDs.length; i++) {
        newProvidersId[i+1] = oldProviderIDs[i];
}

((ILanguageSettingsProvidersKeeper) cfgDescriptionWritable).setDefaultLanguageSettingsProvidersIds(newProvidersId);
List<ILanguageSettingsProvider> providers = LanguageSettingsManager.createLanguageSettingsProviders(newProvidersId);
((ILanguageSettingsProvidersKeeper) cfgDescriptionWritable).setLanguageSettingProviders(providers);
((ILanguageSettingsProvidersKeeper) cfgDescriptionWritable).getDefaultLanguageSettingsProvidersIds();
((ILanguageSettingsProvidersKeeper) cfgDescriptionWritable).getLanguageSettingProviders();
try {
        manager.setProjectDescription(project, prjDescriptionWritable);
} catch (CoreException e) {
        e.printStackTrace();
}

ManagedBuildManager.saveBuildInfo(project, true);

Fraunhofer-Institut für Entwurfstechnik Mechatronik IEM
M.Sc. Jens Frieben

Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter

Fraunhofer-Einrichtung für Entwurfstechnik Mechatronik IEM
Softwaretechnik
Zukunftsmeile 1
33102 Paderborn

Telefon: +49 5251 5465 -121