Re: [cdt-dev] CDT Website

> On 25 Apr 2017, at 18:31, Doug Schaefer <dschaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> ... I’ve been working with Wordpress, both for my cdtdoug.ca site and an upcoming QNX thing. I wonder what the feasibility would be of having the CDT site use Wordpress as the engine.

I was a long time Wordpress fan, but, in 2015 when I migrated GNU ARM Eclipse from SourceForge to GitHub, I discovered Jekyll. In the beginning I was intrigued, and could not understand why would someone give up Wordpress for a static site, but now I'm quite happy with the solution.

For simple sites, GitHub Pages runs the Jekyll conversion from markdown to html automatically. For more complex situations, the Jekyll conversion can be executed as a Travis job.

The result is a kind of blog statically stored in markdown, possibly in a Git repo. Posts and pages can be easily added/edited with anything, even the GitHub on-line editor, and after commit the site is regenerated and published by something like Travis.

If you like markdown and Git, Jekyll might be for you too. Highly recommended!

Regards,

Liviu

Back to the top