Re: [cdt-dev] CDT Website

Love it! Thanks Jean-Philippe and Tracy.

As an aside, as I’ve been working with Wordpress, both for my cdtdoug.ca site and an upcoming QNX thing. I wonder what the feasibility would be of having the CDT site use Wordpress as the engine. We could use this contribution as the start of our own theme. Then we could easily add Pages and even blog posts directly on the site. Probably needs a vserver to run the php engine. Anyway, just thinking out loud.

Doug.

From: <cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Tracy Miranda <tracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 11:23 AM
To: "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [cdt-dev] CDT Website

Hi all,

We have some students currently working with Kichwa Coders and gaining experience working with open source, including CDT.

One of our students, Jean-Philippe Darroy has been prototyping a new Eclipse CDT website, which we would like to help him develop further so it could be the new CDT homepage. Here is his first working version:

Notes:
* Website is built using bootstrap & the main idea is it should be more modern looking & easy to maintain after it is initially put together.
* The design is loosely based on a couple of the projects that are part of the science working group (e.g.  Eclipse January).
* Roxanne has set up a new CDT playlist on the Eclipse Foundation's YouTube channel
* All links currently point to the old wiki pages but we might like to redo those one by one, time permitting.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Regards,
Tracy

Back to the top