[cdt-dev] Identifying library usages

Hi All,

I'm working on a research project using Eclipse CDT and I'd like your help
with the following:

*Context: *
Assume I have a library myLib.h with a set of classes, functions, methods,
variables etc and a (big) single source file main.cpp that includes myLib.h
and uses some of the elements from myLib.h.

*Goal:*
I want to identify all the elements (classes, functions, methods, variables)
from myLib.h that are used in main.cpp.

*Status:*
If the all the elements in the header file are included in namespaces, I can
get these namespaces by preprocessing the header. When I analyse the AST of
main.ccp I can get the scope of the AST elements (after binding resolution)
and check whether they are included in the namespaces of interest (those in
myLib.h).

*Problem:*
However, this does not work if myLib.h has no namespaces (I know this is not
a recommended practice, but I encountered this problem when I tried to
analyse big open source projects). How can I resolve this issue?

Also, how does CDT work in this case?

Thanks.