Re: [cdt-dev] Autotools, GCC, GDB, etc on Windows what to use nowadays?

From what I can tell, only MSYS2 has an active community any more, at least the last time I checked a few months ago. That’s why I tend to lean that way.

Well, I mean amongst the MSYS variants. And really, this has more to do with the w64 fork of the MinGW compilers which are actively maintained. But MSYS2 has a nice collection of other packages as well.

I’m not a big fan of Cygwin because of it’s not a native environment.

Doug.

From: <cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Marc-André Laperle <marc-andre.laperle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, February 14, 2017 at 10:40 AM
To: "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [cdt-dev] Autotools, GCC, GDB, etc on Windows what to use nowadays?

Hi,

I started to look at the failing tests on Windows. One thing that came up is the autootols tests looking for autoconf, automake. It will be the same for dsf-gdb which needs gdb. My question is... what should be used? There old MinGW, MSYS, Mingw-get (just a package manager for original MinGW?), Cygwin, MinGW 64, MSYS2, etc. I'm a bit lost on what should be used and more officially support. Or at least, what to use for tests?

Is the general consensus that MSYS2 is the way to go?

Thank you,

Marc-André

Back to the top