From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Jeff Johnston <jjohnstn@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: January 31, 2017 13:35
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] Should gdb default non-stop mode debugging?

Is there any reason for not defaulting the CDT debugger to use non-stop debugging these days (i.e.
are there known gdb implementations out there supported by CDT that don't support non-stop mode)?
If there are good reasons, should the default be based on the gdb version or platform?

This came up as a Fedora bug so I thought I would ask the CDT Debug experts to see if the default
is set the way it is for more than historical reasons.

-- Jeff J.