Re: [cdt-dev] Core Build for 9.2

From: <cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Mark Goodchild <mark.goodchild@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, January 30, 2017 at 6:27 AM
To: "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Core Build for 9.2

Hi Doug,

Our feeling is that the jump from managed make to this new CMake system needs some additional UI for less experienced users.

Editing the toolchain definitions directly of course works well enough – but is a bit manual for some of our user base.

e.g. Some of our customers will still need a user interface for build settings for example.

So some kind of hybrid of the CMake system with a CMake editor perhaps that offers some kind of user interface assistance looks required.

We could have a think about this and make a proposal rather than diving straight into implementation if that makes sense.

Sounds reasonable. I have no preconcieved notions of what such a UI would look like or how it would work so will be very interested in what you can come up with.

Thanks!
Doug

We are still interested as there are other customers not using managed make and certainly this would help them.

Best regards,

Mark.