Re: [cdt-dev] Neon.2 does not start GDB 7.12 on macOS

> On 27 Jan 2017, at 16:12, Marc Khouzam <marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> It must be what was reported here:
> http://eclip.se/509737 GDB 7.12 freezes at 62% on Mac using new console

aha, I guess this is also my case.

> But you can fix it yourself easily right away in your plugins
> by overriding
>
> GDBBackend_7_12#isFullGdbConsoleSupported()
>
> with something like
>
> @Override
> public boolean isFullGdbConsoleSupported() {
> if (Platform.getOS().equals(Platform.OS_MACOSX)) return false;
> return super.isFullGdbConsoleSupported();
> }

I'm not sure I can do this, my code is quite old and I do not have specific support for 7.12 (*).

but I tried a different approach, I disabled the following attribute when starting the GDB process:

	attributes.put(IGdbDebugConstants.PROCESS_TYPE_CREATION_ATTR,
		GdbDebugConstants.GDB_PROCESS_CREATION_VALUE);

now, if I got it right, the process should use the old console.

the tracing console reads:

	exec arm-none-eabi-gdb --interpreter=mi2 --nx

however, it still does not work. :-(

regards,

Liviu

(*) due to the way DSF is implemented, or to my poor understanding of it, adding a second backend for the gdb server was not possible without copying lots of classes to the project, to be modified locally. the obvious disadvantage of this strategy is that improvements to the original code did not migrate automatically to my local code, so my plug-ins do not use the features of the new GDBs, and expect them to be compatible with the old ones.

Back to the top