Re: [cdt-dev] Neon.2 does not start GDB 7.12 on macOS

It must be what was reported here:

http://eclip.se/509737 GDB 7.12 freezes at 62% on Mac using new console

It turns out to be a special (possibly buggy) behaviour of Mac OS when

using the full GDB console.  It seems GDB cannot answer on the

dedicated MI channel until CDT has created the full console, but CDT

waits for an MI answer before creating the console.  And we are stuck.

On Linux, the MI channel is functional right away, even before the

full console is created by CDT.

We've disabled the full console on Mac for CDT 9.2.1 due in March

(although we can do an earlier release if needed).

But you can fix it yourself easily right away in your plugins

by overriding

GDBBackend_7_12#isFullGdbConsoleSupported()

with something like

@Override
public boolean isFullGdbConsoleSupported() {
if (Platform.getOS().equals(Platform.OS_MACOSX)) return false;
return super.isFullGdbConsoleSupported();
}

Note that it turns out that GDB on MAC does not support asynchronous
MI communication, which is necessary when using the full console,
or else we cannot interrupt the inferior.  So, we will need to keep
the full console disabled on Mac until GDB support MI async on Mac.

Let us know if that fixes things for you.

Marc