Re: [cdt-dev] Fwd: Why is indenting inside raw string literals is disabled?

Created http://bugs.eclipse.org/510794

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 5:28 PM, Nathan Ridge <zeratul976@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Space inside a raw string literal is significant, so operations like Source -> Format that are expected to preserve the behaviour of the code should not touch it.

However, explicitly inserting a tab character seems like a reasonable thing to do, so I think it should be allowed.

Regards,
Nate

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Sergey Prigogin <eclipse.sprigogin@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: January 21, 2017 1:01:36 AM
To: Anton Leherbauer
Cc: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] Fwd: Why is indenting inside raw string literals is  disabled?

(With corrected Toni's email address)

I'm trying to understand the rationale for not allowing indenting inside raw string literals:
http://git.eclipse.org/c/cdt/org.eclipse.cdt.git/diff/core/org.eclipse.cdt.ui/src/org/eclipse/cdt/internal/ui/actions/IndentAction.java?id=53b2b45d96c628d52d77d0fe64426ad40ef04b4f

As a result hitting the Tab key in the second line of the following code snippet has no effect.
const char* s = R"(

)";

Why is this the desired behavior?

-sergey