[cdt-dev] Grouping error reports by original exception

Hi folks,

In recent weeks I have been looking at the "Weekly Problem Digest" emails being sent to this list, and looking at error reports that concern the parts of CDT code I'm familiar with.

Generally I have found the tooling for interacting with these error reports to be fairly helpful, except for one case:

This error report [1] is about a CoreException in PDOMWriter.addSymbols(). This exception is thrown by the indexer whenever an exception occurs while indexing a file; the CoreException wraps the original exception.

For the purpose of diagnosing these errors, the interesting exception is the original (wrapped) one.

Now, the site allows me to look at a list of individual error reports that have been grouped under this umbrella [2] - there are currently 653 in total - and I can click on an individual report and see the original exception. (For example, for this paticular report [3], the original exception is UnsupportedOperationException in ExecIncomplete.marshal()).

What I would like to do, is change the grouping of these reports, so that instead of grouping all CoreExceptions in PDOMWriter.addSymbols() together, only reports with the same originating exception (such as UnsupportedOperationException in ExecIncomplete.marshal()) are grouped together. That way, I can see what all the originating exceptions are without going through 653 individual reports, file a different bug to track each originating exception, see which CDT version(s) each one affects, and so on.

Does anyone know of a way to do this?

Thanks,
Nate

[1] https://dev.eclipse.org/recommenders/committers/aeri/v2/#!/problems/55186551e4b026254edfee86