Re: [cdt-dev] How to build Eclipse from source?

Hello Saed,

On top of the Java build which Lars already referenced: If you need to build _everything_ from source, including dependency libraries and native code (SWT), you may want to have a look here:
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Linux_Tools_Project/Eclipse_Build

As far as I know, this project hasn’t been active for a while, but you may still find helpful advice there. I’m also cross-posting to the linuxtools mailing list, where you might find more knowledgeable people.

At Eclipse, we generally use checked-in binary copies of many native libraries as well as dependencies. If you can live with that, the Links from Lars are what you want – along with a Tycho build (“mvn clean install”) of the CDT Repository and probably epp package build.

HTH,
Martin
--
Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Owner – Development Tools, Wind River
direct +43.662.457915.85  fax +43.662.457915.6