Re: [cdt-dev] How to build Eclipse from source?

Hi Saleem,

Yes it is possible to build everything from source, simply clone each project and run mvn package.

You need to consult each project's build  to understand the dependencies.

May I suggest that you start with some Tycho tutorials, perhaps
http://codeandme.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/tycho-build-1-building-plug-ins.html or http://www.vogella.com/tutorials/EclipseTycho/article.html so that you can learn the technologies that Eclipse uses to build.

Good luck with this endeavour.

PS I'm not sure that x-posting these questions to cdt-dev and eclipse-dev will get the best response. Please consider a more targeted audience and please include what you have tried/what specific problem you are grappling with so that we can avoid the basics, if those are adequately covered.

Jonah