From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Aleksandar Kurtakov
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 10:08 AM
To: CDT General developers list. <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Source RPM for Eclipse IDE and CDT (Centos 7)?

----- Original Message -----

Short answer - no . We stopped providing eclipse in base RHEL with RHEL 7 due to different speed of development.
Long answer - you can try getting the srpms from the scl and try rebuilding them locally, as long as you don't have an scl metapackage installed you should get plain rpms which install into /usr (aka not using scl). But note that this has to happen in strict order as all dependency are extracted into their own rpms (ant, lucene, apache...) as they are reused by other components but eclipse, and thanks to build cycles some of them have boostrap macro which you would have to enable to built a version you can build against later. That could be quite time consuming task.

> Thanks for your help!
>
> Saleem Saeed

Alexander Kurtakov
Red Hat Eclipse team