From: "Flynn, Stephen" <Stephen.Flynn@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sep 30, 2016 2:34 PM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] Access to Full Gdb Console input

I have been playing around with the new console and I like it.  We currently have an inferior in-house solution that I would love to replace with this console.

One of our requirements is to perform extra actions depending on the input.  An example would be opening the source file returned when issuing an info line <location> command.  Currently, there is nothing in place to allow this.  Nor does this command trigger mi output so there is no event to capture.

Is this something you have considered?

On a side-note, when creating a breakpoint from the console an extra breakpoint is created because the command issues output on the mi stream.

Stephen Flynn
Software Engineer 2
508-249-9848 / (821) 49848