Re: [cdt-dev] Test failures for RC4

On 2016-09-12, 2:30 PM, "cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Marc
Khouzam" <cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of
marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I get two consistent test failures for 9.1.
>
>The first is
>org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.tests.ManagedProject30MakefileTests.te
>stSpaces
>
>which seems to have always failed for the patch of commit
>5a1828f37defe1e4852fcaa29a77ec28d2c1ac83
>    "Fix scanner info cache to properly refresh resource commands."
>
>My guess is that this failure was not noticed because our tests are so
>often flaky that we don't
>pay much attention to failures anymore.  But from what I can see, it
>might be a real one.

Though you¹d have to draw a link from the Core Build scanner info system
to Managed Build which is totally separate. I couldn¹t so I left it.

But yes, our tests at this moment are junk since we can¹t know whether a
change actually breaks anything and I¹m not going to waste my time unless
I have a feeling that I broke something.

Doug.