I can see some advantages of your approach if your project is small and only has a small amount of targets. But as soon as you have a large build tree with many targets the Make Targets view is much better.

Ah, and what about the key binding for "Build last make target"? Will it still work? This is a must have.

  Axel

Am 15.08.2016 18:32 schrieb "Doug Schaefer" <dschaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
From: <cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Jonah Graham <jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, August 15, 2016 at 11:22 AM

To: "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Make Targets UI change

+1 for adding them to the Project Explorer, I think this is fairly obvious to users, however:

Yeah, this should have been done a long time ago, but anyway…

-1/4 (i.e not full objection, but slight objection) for removing the Make Target View from C Perspective.  Reason is that the context of Make view is quite different from Project Explorer, especially if you have Link With Editor selected.

It’s there for people who still need it (and when upgrading workspaces, it won’t be removed). I think for the vast majority, people are likely confused by it since you generally don’t need Make Targets when building CDT projects. Luckily the Outline view has hid it since forever so it doesn’t really get in the way.

Though if there’s mass outrage, I will leave it. :).

~~~
Jonah Graham
Kichwa Coders Ltd.
www.kichwacoders.com