Re: [cdt-dev] Antwort: [Newsletter] CMake and the New C/C++ Project Wizard

Thanks Martin,

I’ll take a look and reach out if I need anything. Most of these things are pretty easy and would be different with the new build system and its links to the Launch Bar and it’s Launch Targets. But there may be some things useful, like how to specify toolchain files. I really want to have a clean UI and user experience around this.

Doug.

From: <cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of "Martin.Runge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Martin.Runge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at 11:50 AM
To: "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx" <cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [cdt-dev] Antwort: [Newsletter] CMake and the New C/C++ Project Wizard

Hi Doug,

Some the points noticed are already working in my cmake plugin approach: https://github.com/rungemar/cmake4cdt
- json parsing
- handling of toolchain files -> cross compiling
- scanner discovery per toolchain (finding the header files of the cross compiler insted of the host's after switching from native build to cross build)
- Settings to select the cmake binary incl. detect if there is one in PATH
- mark the output folder as derived to avoid it beeing offered for add to source control

I installed CMakeEd as Editor for CMakeLists.txt

We are using it successfully for several month now here at Rohde&Schwarz for embedded Linux development on Linux hosts.

Please have a look at it, maybe we can reuse some parts on top of your new build framework.

best regards
Martin