[cdt-dev] gdbserver launching question

Hi,

Turns out that when our target runs the busybox version of resize when starting an ssh connection, the launch of gdbserver fails.  This seems to be caused by the fact that busybox/resize is sending escape characters to stderr to do some magic with the cursor. If I comment out the cursor magic from busybox/resize.c everything works.

 Where would I look for the code that is controlling the ssh session?  Whether busybox should be doing this is, of course, a good question; but it seems like the debugger shouldn't hang if it gets unexpected escape sequences on the stream.

When I googled, I saw a few questions about this in forums and If their issue wasn't needing the full path to gdbserver, it may well have been due to this.  This problem exists for mars 8.8.1 and neon 9.0.0.

Thanks,
-brian

Back to the top