Re: [cdt-dev] CDT Call now

On 2016-07-05, 12:04 PM, "cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Rainer
Poisel" <cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of rainer.poisel@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 5:14 PM, Doug Schaefer <dschaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>wrote:
>> Will be spending time on Qt and hopefully get minimal Cmake support
>>working
>> for 9.1. Also excited for my Standard build proposal but not sure when
>>that
>> fits in my schedule yet, though I think I need it for some work with
>> FreeRTOS I¹m doing with my ESP8266, but I could use Cmake for that too.
>> We¹ll see where it ends up.
>
>and thanks for all the efforts you and your fellows put into the
>Eclipse CDT project. I am a big fan of it!
>
>If you are interested, I have a CMake configuration for the ESP8266
>using both the FreeRTOS, the NonOS-Libs, and the Arduino framework:
>  * https://github.com/rpoisel/esp8266-cmake
>
>It can be used in other projects by referring to it as a git submodule:
>  * https://github.com/rpoisel/esp8266-arduino-mqtt
>
>At the moment it's not that well documented. But maybe it is of use to
>someone out there. :-) Hopefully I have some time in the foreseeable
>future to improve it a bit.

Cool. Thanks! Love how CMake can be used like this.

It would also be good to get Espressif to ship CMake files with their
SDKs. Also be good to get them to ship the toolchains too.

That¹s one thing I really like about Arduino and it¹s package.json files.
I¹ve often wondered if that could be generalized to install any type of
SDK and toolchain. That might be something good to add to CDT too.