Re: [cdt-dev] New Eclipse Downloads Page

Hi,

We've often seen confusion arising from people not knowing what to download, so I think having just one thing to download is probably a good idea. But time will tell if this actually is an improvement or not.

/Jesper

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Doug Schaefer
Sent: den 13 juni 2016 22:54
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] New Eclipse Downloads Page

Hey gang,

The new Eclipse Downloads page is now live. It was done under board direction to highlight the diversity of the greater Eclipse community and offer download paths to other things.

As a result, though, our C++ IDE is no longer on the front page. I’m very disappointed about that and expressed my thoughts in the discussion that led us here. In fact all the Eclipse Packages have been moved to the second level, so we’re not alone.

But while hidden, we’re not gone. You can still get the package either through the Eclipse installer or by clicking Download Packages underneath the installer. BTW, the Orange Download button is the Installer. Where you see people confused, please be sure to help.

I like the idea we’re giving air time to other Eclipse things. Eclipse is more than the IDE, always has and always will. The new direction reflects that. Change is hard, but let’s keep up the good fight.

Doug.

Back to the top