[cdt-dev] Show Reason for Crash When Core Debugging

Hi all,

I'm augmenting core debugging to show the reason for the crash on the thread label in the debug view (like what is seen when a process crashes while actively being debugged). I can see that when a process crashes while being debugged a MIExecAsyncOutput event is received by the eventReceived(Object) method in MIRunControlEventProcessor. The MIExecAsyncOutput event is used to create an MISignalEvent which is dispatched to update the UI. During core debugging an MITargetSelectCore command causes MIConsoleStreamOutput event to be received by this same eventReceived(Object) method which contains the signal and meaning in a string ("Program terminated with signal <signal>, <reason>"). Is there a way I can get an IExecutionDMContext from the MIConsoleStreamOutput so I can build an MISignalEvent or is there a better way of trying to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Adam

Back to the top