[cdt-dev] Arduino and CDT 9

Hey gang,

You'll be seeing me making some pretty major changes to the Arduino plug-ins on the 9.0 branch. I will be releasing the Arduino C++ IDE package slightly after Neon from a separate p2 site off the branch and will continue to spin updates over the summer there as users ramp up on it. Hopefully that will all settle down by 9.1 and I can get it on the mainstream.

As a next step there, I will be taking a look at FreeRTOS and the ESP8266 (and hopefully ESP32 soon) and how to best support that with the new build system. I was going to try it with the Arduino plug-ins but there are a lot of hacks to support the different Arduino packages and this would be too different. I might take this opportunity to get the CMake plug-ins up to speed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.