Re: [cdt-dev] New template engine: The hierarchy of the type MyProjectGenerator is inconsistent

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 4:40 PM, <timothy.t.orling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm trying to implement my first plugin with the new template engine
(org.eclipse.tools.templates.freemarker). I am basically reusing the code
in toolchains/arduino as a starting point. I am stumped by why I am
getting "The hierarchy of the type MyProjectGenerator is inconsistent".
Any pointers to what to look for? Google/StackOverflow has not been
helpful so far.

That usually points to a plug-in missing from your dependencies. A plug-in you're using requires another one. They're pretty hard to figure out. What I usually do is check other compile errors for missing types and such.

Also, should I submit a patch for moving master to Neon or... what's the
plan? Mars branch and Neon branch?

Depends what the patch is for. If it's an emergency fix we need to get into Neon, it would go on the cdt_9_0 branch. We're past RC2 so it really has to be really important.

Development for the next release is happening on master.

Cheers.

--Tim