Re: [cdt-dev] missing org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core in Neon?

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 9:30 PM, Marc Khouzam <marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Right.
The missing plugin will not be put back. That can be fixed without changing CDT.
What needs CDT's help is a removed constructor in DSF-GDB.
Jonah has been kind enough to figure all this out and may be able to post a fix by tomorrow.

And that is the right way to put it. Thank you Jonah!

I'm expecting 5 to 10 lines tops.

From: Doug Schaefer <cdtdoug@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: May 24, 2016 21:21
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] missing org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core in Neon?

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 7:40 PM, Liviu Ionescu <ilg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 25 May 2016, at 01:51, Marc Khouzam <marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> ... I'm willing to look into reintroducing the removed API

if you can reintroduce org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core alone, and this does not have other dependencies, then for now I don't have to remove any dependencies, and we can delay doing it properly in a future version.

I understand the race conditions in multi-launches situations, but the impact on the GNU ARM plug-in users is minimal. and considering that the alternative is to not be able to install the plug-ins on Neon, I think it is perfectly acceptable.

Just make sure CDI is not reintroduced. From what I understand from the discussion, the problem isn't about that.

Thanks,
Doug.

regards,

Liviu