Re: [cdt-dev] missing org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core in Neon?

Hi Liviu,

In this case there are no classes removed from CDT 9 that affect arm plug-ins.

The change is more subtle. To fix bugs/limirations in CDT that was
preventing us from moving forward, API changes to existing classes
were made. As the GNU ARM Eclipse plug-ins extended those plug-ins the
problem was exposed.

I agree, for now it will prevent using the GNU ARM Eclipse on Neon, at
least until enough people request a working GNU ARM Eclipse plug-ins
for Neon, and then at that point you stop supporting pre Neon.

Interestingly you, as the GNU Arm Eclipse maintainer, are in the same
situation as the core CDT project. How to maintain older versions and
move forward too?

I very much don't want you to think that because CDT had to move
forward to resolve issues (that may not even have affected you!) that
you are going to be left behind. We're still just figuring out how to
support you going forward.

Jonah
~~~
Jonah Graham