Re: [cdt-dev] missing org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core in Neon?

> On 23 May 2016, at 16:03, Jonah Graham <jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> ... It will be tricky to have one set of code support both CDT 8.x and
> 9.x, so perhaps we could discuss the best way forward on that?

hmmm... this doesn't sound very good, from what you say it looks like I need to maintain two separate versions of the plug-ins, and publish them in two separate update sites, which is not exactly my idea of fun.

I am ready to change the code to avoid those deprecated classes, but we need to find alternate solutions available in CDT 8.6, since breaking compatibility with Luna will make lots of Freescale/NXP KDS users unable to update the plug-ins (KDS will be upgraded from Luna to Mars2 in early 2017).

> The GNU
> ARM Plug-ins are an important part of the Eclipse CDT ecosystem, and I
> hope that we can get them supported in Neon/CDT 9.0.

thank you for your nice words, Jonah, I appreciate your support.

I don't know what is the best solution, but we need to find one that works both on 8.6 and 9.x, otherwise the GNU ARM plug-ins will remain stuck to the Mars 2 version, maintaining two versions is not an option.

regards,

Liviu

Back to the top