Re: [cdt-dev] missing org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core in Neon?

That plugin was part of CDI and was removed (as announced about a year ago, although we didn't specify a list of affected plugins).

Looking at your dependencies it should not be hard to remove the bad dependencies. We can help if some changes needed are not clear to you.

Marc

From: Liviu Ionescu <ilg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: May 20, 2016 4:14 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] missing org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core in Neon?

I tried to install the GNU ARM Eclipse plug-ins on Neon (build 20160519-1933) and got a missing dependency:

(ilg.gnuarmeclipse.debug.gdbjtag 2.2.2.201604190915) requires 'bundle org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core 7.3.0' but it could not be found

I checked and all my debugging plug-ins (jlink, openocd, qemu, puocd) import the following:

import org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.IMILaunchConfigurationConstants;
import org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.MIPlugin;
import org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.command.factories.CommandFactoryDescriptor;
import org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.command.factories.CommandFactoryManager;

in my setup I could not find any deprecation notice regarding the org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core plug-in. is it gone on purpose (if so, can wee bring it back?), or it is a packing problem with the current Neon distribution?

regards,

Liviu