Re: [cdt-dev] External build tool: Cannot run program "bjam": Unknown reason

I guess that at some point there will be an exec which tries to invoke an external process called "bjam". If that fails, you should be able to get some information about what "Unknown reason" means. (But I'm just shooting in the dark here.)

/Jesper

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steve Lorimer
Sent: den 31 mars 2016 16:27
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] External build tool: Cannot run program "bjam": Unknown reason

I have no idea what I'm looking for though. Any suggestions?

On 31 March 2016 at 03:17, Jesper Eskilson <Jesper.Eskilson@xxxxxxx> wrote:

You can tell strace to filter out uninteresting events. For example "-e trace=process" will only include system calls which involve process management. You can also filter on specific system calls, e.g. "-e trace=chmod". Without filtering, strace output quickly becomes unusable.

/Jesper