Re: [cdt-dev] External build tool: Cannot run program "bjam": Unknown reason

This sound suspiciously like a anti-virus scanner holding locks it really shouldn't.

I normally have background-scanning turned off for local drives used for compiling things on, mostly for performance reasons.

/Jesper

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steve Lorimer
Sent: den 28 mars 2016 18:09
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] External build tool: Cannot run program "bjam": Unknown reason

I use the boost build build system (http://www.boost.org/build/)

As such, I have configured C++ Build / Builder settings to use a custom command.

Typically everything works, however, occasionally when I try to build I get back an error "Cannot run program "bjam": Unknown reason"

11:02:18 **** Build of configuration Default for project main ****

bjam -q -j8

Cannot run program "bjam": Unknown reason

11:02:18 Build Finished (took 285ms)

bjam is a tool on a local disk, is in my path, my source is on a local disk etc.

Running bjam from a terminal works fine.

If I wait for some time (several minutes), it seems to "find" bjam again, so it will suddenly start working again.

However, if I don't want to wait for several minutes for eclipse to sort itself out again, I have to restart eclipse to get it to work again.

How can I diagnose what is causing eclipse to lose access to bjam, and how can I prevent this from happening?

TIA

Steve

Back to the top