Re: [cdt-dev] How can I prevent the indexer taking over the entire CPU?

On 16 March 2016 at 15:09, Doug Schaefer <cdtdoug@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You have parallel garbage collection happening and it's the 8 threads your talking about. Have you tried making your Xmx bigger? I'm guessing the indexer is causing you to run out of Java heap

Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

What exactly is happening in the indexer that causes 8 GC threads to spin up to 100%?

If I set -Xmx8G for the --launcher.appendVmargs section in eclipse.ini does that mean I have 8GB heap? Why does the indexer blow through the 8GB heap?

Can anyone suggest any way to prevent this from happening?

Thanks in advance
Steve

Back to the top