Re: [cdt-dev] Help in setting up remote debugging on ARM Linux

Marc,

On Thu, 3 Mar 2016 18:20:54 +0000
Marc Khouzam <marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Like I said, the name of the binary passed to cross-gdb and to gdbserver is currently can be specified in
> > one place only, in "C/C++ Application". The "Remote absolute file path for C/C++ application" specifies
> > where on the target this application will be located. If you put another name here (any name), your
> > application binary (as entered in "C/C++ Application") will be just renamed to this name. This is not I
> > want to achieve.
>
> I think you just need to click on "Skip download to target path" in the same Main tab.
> Then you can use the binary in C/C++ Application on the host
> and the one specified in  "Remote absolute file path for C/C++ application" on the target.
> I've attached a screenshot.

Thanks.

I must be missing something. If you are suggesting to "skip download" then how the binary would appear on the target? Obviously, this doesn't work, just tried. The error in the console window is:
/ # gdbserver :2345 /tmp/c-example;exit
Cannot exec /tmp/c-example: No such file or directory.
Process /tmp/c-example created; pid = 108

Attached screenshot of my debug configuration.
Just to clarify, see in the Project Explorer tab in the picture:
 - c-example.gdb - this is the ELF binary need to be passed to cross-gdb on the host
 - c-example - this is the BFLT binary which need to be copied to the target and run under gdbserver.

Regards,
Sergei

> Marc

Back to the top