Re: [cdt-dev] API Freeze

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 3:49 PM, Marc Khouzam <marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's limiting but you are right. It wouldn't be fair to not give adopters enough time to try out the API breaking changes.

How about allowing non-breaking changes until M7?

non-breaking changes are already allowed until M7, no? Either way, my main concern is breaking changes and making sure the community gets time to react (my employer being one of those :)).

BR,
Marc

From: Doug Schaefer <cdtdoug@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mar 1, 2016 12:15 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] API Freeze

Hey gang,

As a follow up to the discussion on CDI removal we just had, I think in fairness to the community we should have an API freeze at M6 so they have time to give us feedback by M7, the last chance for API changes.

That gives us very little time (just under 3 weeks) to get things done. We can be practical and if things are going to take longer, then we'll deal with that, but I think that should be our objective.

Thoughts?
Doug.