Re: [cdt-dev] Antwort: [Newsletter] Re: The way of managing the build console windows

Under the new build system, the build config sets the error parsers based on what toolchain is being used. I believe managed build does the same. That's the way it should be done. You should be able to add and remove error parsers at any time in the build.

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 4:17 AM, <Martin.Runge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I ran into the same issue a few days ago and asked on mattermost (another kind of "two consoles" :-)

One console fixes this issue, of cause. But the how can we limit the numer of error parsers that have to read the output? The Error parsers already consume a lot of CPU during a build.

Greetings Martin

Von:        Doug Schaefer <cdtdoug@xxxxxxxxx>
An:        "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Datum:        2016-01-19 20:21
Betreff:        [Newsletter] Re: [cdt-dev] The way of managing the build console windows
Gesendet von:        cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

The billion dollar question is why does Configure have it's own console window. And why are there two CDT consoles (per project and global).

I have interest in unifying the CDT build console into one, the Global one. Then we can do interesting things like implement hyperlinks and such in one place and everyone benefits.

Thoughts?