[cdt-dev] questions about org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb

Hi CDT:

I am working for integrating our internal debugger into CDT by DSF. I am asking some help here. Thanks in advance.

1.       I have learned the example project org.eclipse.cdt.examples.dsf.gdb and org.eclipse.cdt.examples.dsf.pda. I understood them well. I am studying the project org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb. it’s a little of complexity gap between this project and DSF-PDA example. Are there any overview design doc for project org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb?

2.       Why do separate GDB-MI into two groups? There are org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.mi.service VS org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.service? org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.mi.service.commnad VS org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.service command? Etc.

3.      Our debugger is not a GDB dialect and doesn’t support MI protocol or similar machine protocol yet. There are several choices now.

a.      The first is to implement it from scratch and don’t reuse DSF-GDB anyway.

b.      The second is to implement a debugger-MI driver for our debugger to reuse DSF-GDB.

c.       What’s the pros/cons for these two paths? Are there any third path? Thanks.

-Justin

Back to the top