Re: [cdt-dev] Compiler errors in latest master

Hi Justin,

the CDT master branch is the active development branch for Eclipse Neon which is version 4.6, scheduled for release in June, but already on Milestone 4. (The CDT version BTW is 9.0). Therefore to get the correct versions of the dependencies, you need to use cdt_e4.6.target.

If you want to edit the CDT that is part of Mars.1 (version 4.5.1), you should be editing the version of CDT for that release which is CDT 8.8 located on the cdt_8_8 branch. For that version you should be using the cdt_e4.5.target.

I am not 100% sure why there are multiple cdt_e*.target files on each branch as only one of them is ever technically correct. Perhaps to allow easy checking to see if a new CDT can be installed on an old Eclipse?

Does that resolve your question?

Thanks
Jonah

~~~