[cdt-dev] Neon will have three maintenance releases

Hi,

It was just announced [1] that there will be 3 maintenance releases for Neon, instead of the usual two. They will be in September, December, and March [2].  Mars is unaffected, with Mars.2 still planned for February 26, 2016.

This is good news for CDT as we were having trouble getting features to nicely align with the June-September-February schedule.  I'm sure Doug was involved in this positive change.

We can discuss how to handle this at the next CDT summit at EclipseCon, but the obvious proposal for Neon and after is to have two CDT feature releases, June and December, and two CDT maintenance releases, September and March.  This would give us a nice 6 months between feature releases.

Opinions welcomed.

Marc

[1] https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cross-project-issues-dev/msg12804.html
[2] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Neon/Simultaneous_Release_Plan#Update_Releases