Re: [cdt-dev] Antwort: [Newsletter] Re: CMake support in Eclipse CDT

On Thursday, December 10, 2015 19:25:23 Doug Schaefer wrote:

> Another interesting experiment, I called CMake with both —debug-output and

> —trace turned on and was able to find out what directory you were in when

> calling add_executable through a macro (exe in this case).

you may want to check how much this slows down the cmake runtime on a big project, like e.g. vtk or Paraview.

There's another issue with this.

Doing it like that, you'll get the information if CDT executes cmake explicitely.

If a CMakeLists.txt is changed, or a cmake cache value is changed, e.g. via cmake-gui, cmake will re-run automatically when building again.

In that case as far as I see you will not get the --trace etc. output., or am I missing something ?

Alex

Back to the top