I don't understand why you refer to your new toolchain. I'm doing it with the current toolchain.
So it has been in place for a long time.
Jantje

On 12/07/2015 04:32 PM, Doug Schaefer wrote:
While I appreciate this discussion, if you look at the code I submitted,
you¹ll see that IToolChain (the new one) is called upon to set up the
environment variables for the build, including the PATH. So this is
already in place. I still need to implement the mechanism that allows
users to add toolchains manually, but that should be pretty
straightforward when we get there. And will probably need that soon since
MinGW really needs to be added manually.

Doug.

On 2015-12-07, 6:57 AM, "cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Liviu
Ionescu" <cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of ilg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 07 Dec 2015, at 13:33, Martin.Runge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

But I saw at least on case (MinGW on Windows) where gcc was not in the
PATH -> cmake did not find the compiler while generating the Makefile
and aborted.
FYI, in the embedded world it is common to have multiple versions of
different toolchains installed, and it is mandatory that they **are not**
in the system PATH.

the GNU ARM Eclipse build plug-in takes a lot of efforts to manage these
multiple paths, store them in different scopes (per project, per
workspace, per Eclipse) and dynamically update the current path when the
build starts.

regards,

Liviu