[cdt-dev] Using newer C++ standards with CDT

Hi devs,

As I said on one of the recent CDT Debug calls I have been trying to
ensure there are better quality answers to some Eclipse and CDT
questions on stack overflow. For the most part this has been
straightforward and the questions are reasonable.

However, one of the problems I have seen multiple times is using
different (newer) C++ standards with CDT. Some of the issues are
simply the nature of CDT having to keep up, and so far CDT has done a
very good job. What I wanted to highlight was one of the issues a user
was having using the boost chrono library with CDT.

I would really appreciate someone in the know reviewing this question
and my answer. I want to ensure I have not missed something along the
way (and as a result overcomplicated my and the OP's life). If I
haven't missed something, then I see this as a top place where we can
do better by default.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33475411/c-namespace-hiding-appearing-in-the-eclipse-parser

Unfortunately, I don't do much C++ on a day to day basis, so I am not
sure if this is representative or not of typical end users.

~~~
Jonah Graham
Kichwa Coders Ltd.
www.kichwacoders.com