Re: [cdt-dev] Antwort: CMake support in Eclipse CDT

On Friday, October 09, 2015 20:33:39 Doug Schaefer wrote:

> I’ll have to top post this since Outlook is mucking up the lines.

> Essentially I don’t want CMake to generate .project and .cproject files. I

I understand this.

Still this is useful in the case that a CDT-user wants to use CDT on a CMake-based project which does not come with a .project file, and where the project may not allow to check in an IDE project file into their version control.

Or should the "Import cmake project" take care of this ?

> want CMake to generate Makefiles and CDT calls make on those Makefiles to

> do the build. The only thing CDT cares about is what the compile commands

> are so we can use them to generate information so CDT can understand the

> code.

Ah, ok.

Currently the information in the compile_commands.json file is limited, it is really only one compile command for every source file.

I guess you need to know which targets/executables are built in the project ?

And which compiler is used, so the correct error parsing can be enabled ?

Where do you want to get this from ?

Alex

Back to the top