Re: [cdt-dev] Fwd: com.google.gson dependency

From: <cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Sergey Prigogin <eclipse.sprigogin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, October 9, 2015 at 3:01 PM
To: "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Fwd: com.google.gson dependency

On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 11:48 AM, Doug Schaefer <dschaefer@xxxxxxx> wrote:
That’s not exactly true. CDT has dependencies on RSE and org.eclipse.remote. The Arduino libraries use the Apache compress and freemarker bundles from Orbit as well. Qt depends on ANTLR out of Orbit And I have a feeling that they will also add dependencies on JSDT since QML is an extension of _javascript_.

So, no. We need to get used to CDT using bundles out of Orbit. There are great things there. And it doesn’t make sense to duplicate those things in our repo (and doing that isn’t looked on favourably by the simrel folks). I have a similar structure to yours where we mirror everything we depend on into a local p2 repo. It’s easy to pick out individual bundles out of different p2 repos to do that. I can share more details if you need.

I'm using a weird ant-based script to download pieces of p2 repositories. If you know of a better technology, sharing it would definitely be helpful.

OK, I’ll write it up and post it on my blog. It’s based on ideas from others so I won’t to claim to own it but I do know it works. Of course, it’s based on Tycho’s eclipse-repository which supports bundles in the category.xml file like this:

<bundle id="com.google.gson" version="0.0.0"/>

Doug.

Doug.

-sergey