Re: [cdt-dev] Trouble going to Java 1.8

I’ve seen that before when Maven is picking up a Java 1.7 runtime, and so doesn’t know about BREE-1.8.

You can run mvn —version and it’ll print out stats, including which version of Java it’s picked up. If it’s a local IDE change, you should also check that the Window -> Preferences -> Java -> Installed JREs lists a Java 1.8 runtime, along with the Execution Environments underneath.

Alex

On 28 Sep 2015, at 05:18, Doug Schaefer <DSchaefer@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, there's one up on Gerrit under my name. And the failed verify builds this weekend are from it. But maybe I did it wrong. You could also just change cdt.core locally and see if it works.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Rogers network.
From: Sergey Prigogin
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2015 12:15 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Reply To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Trouble going to Java 1.8

Do you have to patch to look at?

-sergey

On Sun, Sep 27, 2015 at 9:12 PM, Doug Schaefer <dschaefer@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey gang,

I'm having trouble getting cdt.core to build in maven after changing the execution environment to 1.8. I get the following error message:

Resolution errors:

   Bundle org.eclipse.cdt.core - Missing Constraint: Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.8

Anyone else want to give it a try? It's frustrating since we've been using Java 1.8 in our internal stuff and it builds fine. There's something in the CDT build that's not quite right.

Thanks,

Doug.