From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Corbat Thomas
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2015 9:08 AM
To: CDT General developers list. (cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx)
Subject: [cdt-dev] Bug 159803: PTY in console mode on Windows

Hi

Marc-AndrĂ© and I are currently investigating the ctrl-D issue (Bug 159803). While trying to figure out whether a possible fix would have some issues on Windows I tried to use the PTY in console mode, explicitly enabled with -Dorg.eclipse.cdt.core.winpty_console_mode=true. This resulted in my target program to terminate immediately, regardless of whether it contained I/O or not.

Has anybody recently used the PTY in console mode on Windows successfully? I remember that the corresponding flag in the run configuration had been disabled on Windows for quite some time (I don’t know whether it had been active at any time at all), so it would have been required to set this explicitly using the system property mentioned above.

Any input on that issue is welcome!

Regards

Thomas

Back to the top