[cdt-dev] Java 8

Hey gang,

The platform has moved to Java 8 so we might as well too. That and there are some committers who’d love to start using it, myself included (String.join is really handy and I’ve been using Java 8 on a lot of non-Eclipse things lately).

We’ve changed the build machine over to use Java 8 for the builds. So you’re now free to change the execution environment on any plug-in you wish to Java 8 and starting using it. We’ll do it as needed and by the people who need it to keep the cost of the move down.

Let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Doug.

Back to the top