Re: [cdt-dev] Make LookupData.setTemplateArguments public

Hi Michi

I mean the correct resolving of inner(value) in the following simple example when following the instantiation with T=int so I don't get a deferred binding.
void inner (int i) {}
void inner (double d) {}

template <typename T>
void outer(T value) {
    inner(value);
}

int main() {
    inner(5);
)

To resolve the inner(value) call for T=int I create a subclass of LookupData and replace the argument and some other things so CPPSemantics.resolveFunction resolves to inner(int).

See this thread for more info http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cdt-dev/msg29134.html. This is used in a colleague's and mine's plug-in shown here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRsTR9SsqmA (status from a few months back). The resolution of class templates works differently and unfortunately not with subclassing LookupData. Currently I'm implementing the resolution of variadic templates and planned are some SFINAE related resolution features.

What are you implementing or planning to implement/change?

Marco