[cdt-dev] Make LookupData.setTemplateArguments public

Hi list

This commit http://git.eclipse.org/c/cdt/org.eclipse.cdt.git/commit/?id=5d54cc39964839432787a2158a919512e7f27df3 changed LookupData.fTemplateArguments from public to private and introduced a public getter and a package visible setter. I have a subclass of LookupData in my plug-in to influence the resolution process to be able to resolve template argument dependent function calls. And changing LookupData.fTemplateArguments is necessary for some calls. All other necessary setters are public.

Is it possible to change LookupData.setTemplateArguments(...) from package visible to public? Does something speak against it?
Even better would be to change all current private members to protected to allow to influence the resolution process easier (while also having all setters public) without changing the existing code for the resolution. On the other hand I guess I’m the only one doing this…

Thanks for your comments
Marco

Back to the top