From: <cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Marc Khouzam <marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 at 11:37 AM
To: "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Update on build stuff

Exciting!
Could you announce the status in the N&N: https://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/NewIn88

Thanks

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Doug Schaefer [dschaefer@xxxxxxx]
Sent: August 25, 2015 11:32 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] Update on build stuff

Hey gang,

My work on the new build system for Arduino is pretty much done, just in time for 8.8. Still some testing and tweaks to do, especially to get things working on Windows. It’s still in a “Preview” state, but I’m very excited about how it’s turning out.

I mentioned this before but I am now starting on Qt and qmake. It’ll be a bit more challenging as I have to deal with different versions of Qt installed on the same host and different toolchains. Arduino has a pretty fixed environment for each board type.

I’ll be doing this all in the Qt plug-ins for now. Once I get the system the way I like it there, I’ll start factoring out the common things into the cdt.core plug-in for other build systems to use. I’ll also adapt Qt and Arduino to the shared bits. I’d then like to tackle CMake, a popular system for cross development.

As always, if you have any questions or would like to help, let me know. I’m still tracking my progress on https://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/Build/Doug.

Doug.

Back to the top